The University of Utah’s Campus Alert System is designed to reach everyone on campus in the best way possible during an emergency. Most alerts are sent via email, and are color-coded according to level of importance for quick identification.
Read more about the University of Utah campus-wide notification system, here.
As a student or employee (including part-time/contract) of the university, you are automatically signed up to receive notification through your official university email. Please note that text messages are the fastest, most reliable way to contact you. To subscribe your mobile number, simply provide your most current contact information by logging in to CIS at cis.utah.edu and selecting the Campus Alert link. You can enter up to three mobile numbers and one email address as an alternate to your official university email address. Click Save when you are finished.
Find more information about Campus Alerts, here.
CAMPUS ALERTS - 2022
- Possible Threat of Violence - September 8
- Bomb threat update - August 26
- Bomb threat at Spencer Fox Eccles Business Building - August 26
- Campus Stalking and Harassing Suspect Released from Jail - June 16
- Sen. Orrin Hatch Funeral Service parking impacts & 21-gun salute - May 5
- Traffic Incident at Mario Capecchi & South Campus Drives - April 7
- Reported sexual assault - Jan 26
- Bomb threat at the Black Cultural Center - Jan 11
- New Mask Order & other Spring Semester COVID-19 Protocols - Jan 7
CAMPUS ALERTS - 2021
CAMPUS ALERTS - 2020
- Mountain lion sighting in Red Butte Canyon - Dec. 14
- Attempted robbery on campus - Oct. 22
- Reported sexual assault - Oct. 17
- Weeklong curfew for Salt Lake City - June 1
- Salt Lake City curfew through Monday morning - May 30
- Earthquake updates - March 18
- Report suspicious activity to campus police - March 5
- Reported sexual assault - Feb. 29
- Weather update - Feb. 2
The University of Utah "Safe U" app provides students, faculty, staff, and visitors with a quick-reference campus emergency response guide, a photo and comment upload to tell us about your safety concerns around campus, and push notifications from our Campus Alert system. Get important emergency information you need to stay safe at the University of Utah.
Safety Warnings are required to be sent when certain crimes present a serious or continuing threat to the campus community. Many questions can arise when these alerts are sent to our community. This FAQ provides more information about Safety Warnings.