As part of the University Safety Department commitment to compliance with the Clery Act, the Chief Safety Officer directed the formalization of a Clery Compliance Committee in 2020. This committee is responsible for:
- Reporting and review of Clery-reportable offenses
- Review of Safety Warnings and procedures
- Review of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- Review of policies relating to Clery compliance
- Review of Campus Security Authority designations
- Review of Campus Security Authority training materials
The committee is chaired by the Clery Compliance Manager. Membership includes representatives from University Police; Community Services; the Office of Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Title IX; University Hospitals and Clinics; the Office of the Dean of Students; the Office of General Counsel; Housing & Residential Education; University Student Apartments; Continuing Education and Community Engagement; the Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion; Fraternity & Sorority Life; the Center for Student Wellness; Human Resources; Athletics; Environmental Health and Safety; and others appointed based on their current role in an area that is integral to Clery compliance.